Thursday, April 21, 2016

Seek The LORD

Last night, my husband and I went sunset-hunting. It was kind of late, and we couldn't see the sunset at our house because our land is too low, but we decided to see if we could catch it a different location. (I was taking pictures, and my husband was nice enough to be my chauffeur!)

The first place we stopped was a dud. The sun had already gone down too much, and the light was just a thin slice, barely discernible. It seemed we'd missed it but we decided to try one more location, since we were already out. 

We live by a huge lake, and the road we were on went to the end of the lake. We drove to the end of the highway, and after that, there was a very rough trail leading down a shoreline. I was a bit nervous about the roughness of the trail, but my trusty driver got us in there. We hopped out, ran through some pretty deep mud, and saw this: 


Sunset off the lake -- Author's Collecti
It was exquisite! My camera couldn't do it full justice. And so worth the extra work. I was glad we hadn't given up. 

The LORD also asks us to seek Him: 

Seek ye the LORD while he may be found: call ye upon him while he is near. 

Isaiah 55:6

Sometimes it seems like God is so far away. We try to feel His presence, but we can't. We want Him to listen to us, but it feels like he isn't. 

Keep seeking Him, because he likes to be sought. He reserves his best treasures for those who won't give up on knowing Him. 

Selah! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Subscribe